- Is an effective and economical tool to control corrosion and related degradations in refineries, oil sands operations, and facilities.
- It analyzes various materials, various environmental conditions, and various mechanisms by which corrosion and degradations taking place in refineries, oil sands operations, and facilities.
- Considers more than 95 damage mechanisms.
- It helps to develop various documents, diagrams, and best practices required to control corrosion and degradation including:
- Corrosion Loops (CL).
- Process-Flow Diagram (PFD).
- Materials Selection Diagram (MSD).
- Corrosion Control Document (CCD).
- Integrity Operating Windows (IOW).
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI).
- Understands typical components and operations of refineries, oil sands operation, and facilities.
- Identifies materials used in various operations.
- Determines damage mechanisms (DM) occurring in given operating conditions.
- Calculates corrosion rate (CR) or degradation rate (DR) considering various DM.
- Develops Corrosion Control Diagrams (CCD).
- Establishes Corrosion Monitoring Locations (CML).
- Performs Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) and oversee RBI implementation.
- Creates Integrity Operating Windows (IOW).